Who likes to deal with the long wire for getting internet, when we have wireless internet facility. Thankfully, the latest Windows 10 offers an enabled Wi-Fi adapter. The newbie of Windows 10 users or even the old user typically face difficulty to find out Wi-Fi in Windows 10. Finding and connecting to a Wi-Fi network is not that hard building a PC; instead, it is straightforward. In fact, you can do it yourself through some proper guidance. In this article, you can find all the possible ways of how do I know if my computer has Wi-Fi windows 10.
What is WI-FI?
Wireless Fidelity or Wi-Fi is a wireless network connection that can supply unlimited internet access through radio waves. Wi-Fi allows devices like mobiles, computers, laptops, or others to connect with the internet. A Wi-Fi connection requires a wireless router. It is a small box with some antennas. These antennas transmit the Wi-Fi waves throughout the workplace or home.
Today almost every organization, houses, banks, and other use Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi has no data limit. So, everyone likes to use Wi-Fi rather than using mobile data.
How do I know if my computer has Wi-Fi windows 10?
Turning on Wi-Fi manually
Some of the keyboards allow you to enable Wi-Fi quickly. Interestingly, one of the keys has a sign like the icon of network waves coming from a tower or line that will help you to enable the Wi-Fi quickly. That sign lies on the top of the keyboard with the F key. To enable the Wi-Fi with that key, you have to-
First, press and hold the ‘fn’ key and simultaneously press the F numbered key.
Typically, this icon is familiar with laptop keyboards. Also, on some laptops, there is a side button to enable Wi-Fi and you can check that too.
Turning on Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi icon
1. On Windows 10, there is a Wi-Fi icon under the left side corner of the screen. If your computer connects with the internet, it will show a transmitting radio signal. If there is no connection, it will show a null signal. With this icon, you can know your computer has Wi-Fi in windows 10.
If you can’t find this icon, click the arrow which is facing upwards. It represents the hidden icons. Here you can find the WIFI icon.
2. Click on that WIFI icon, and it would pop up a bar. There you can see 3 large icons, which are Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, and Mobile hotspot. Click on the 1st icon representing Wi-Fi.
3. Once turned on, it would scan and show every nearby Wi-Fi available.
4. You can connect with every Wi-Fi shown if you have the password. Now, click on the desired network that you want to connect to. Then click “Connect.” It will gather some information and connect automatically if no password is required. If required, it will show a blank bar to type the password to connect. You can easily know that your computer has Wi-Fi on Windows 10.
Furthermore, if you are a regular user, you can automatically tick the option before clicking the “Connect” option. So, you do not have to connect it manually every day. The Wi-Fi will connect automatically when you open your PC or laptop. It will make things easier.
Turning on Wi-Fi through the Start menu
If you face any trouble turning the Wi-Fi on with the icon, try through the start menu.
1. Firstly, click the start/windows icon on the lower right corner of the screen, or you can press the windows button.
2. Now, you will see a settings icon right above the power icon. If you do not see it, then type “Settings” in the search bar. Hopefully, that’s pretty easier.
3. After that, click on the settings. Then click on “Network and Internet.” A menu bar will pop up on the left side of the screen.
4. You will see a Wi-Fi option in that bar. Click and enter in that option.
5. After that, you will see an “On-Off” option for Wi-Fi. Click to open the Wi-Fi and connect it with your preferred Wi-Fi network. In this way, you can confirm that your computer has wifi on Windows 10.
You can also turn off the Wi-Fi network by clicking it again.
How to Check Wi-Fi Connection on Windows 10
As discussed, the network icon at the lower right side of your screen will say everything about your computer if it has Wi-Fi on windows 10.
Here is some different status of your Wi-Fi connection on windows 10.
- Your device has connected to Wi-Fi.
- Your device has connected to Wi-Fi, but the internet connection is not available. It is also known as limited connectivity.
- Your computer detected several available Wi-Fi networks in range. But you are not connected with any of it.
- Found no available Wi-Fi networks nearby to connect.
This will help you to detect that your computer has Wi-Fi on Windows 10.
After you connect your device with a Wi-Fi network, a network status will represent the Wi-Fi network’s current connection status. So, you can know if your computer has Wi-Fi on windows 10. Generally, four types of connection status are shown.
1. Connected Secured: Your device has connected to that Wi-Fi network. Also, this network is secured with a password.
2. Connected: Your device has connected to that Wi-Fi network, but it is not password protected.
3. Secured: This status represents that this Wi-Fi network is available, and this network is password protected. Also, you are not connected to it.
4. Open: This network is available and requires no password. Usually, the public network will show such status.
1. At first, Click the Windows/Start icon.
2. After that, click settings.
3. Next, select the “Network and Internet” option.
4. Then, in the status section, you can get whether you are connected or not.
There are several ways to connect with a Wi-Fi network and check if your computer has Wi-Fi in windows 10. This article provides the possible ways to do it. Besides, for Windows 10, new users may face this type of problem for the first time and ask. Surprisingly, it is too easy to know if your computer has Wi-Fi on windows 10. In the meantime, I hope this article can fix your query on how do I know if my computer has Wi-Fi in Windows 10, and face no trouble further.
How do I know if my computer has WiFi Windows 10?
To get notified of the wireless network compatibility on your Windows 10 computer, you need to follow the following process.
Firstly, you need to click the Start button and then click Control Panel to open the Network Connections.
Now, type “adapter” in the search box and then click View network connection under Network and Sharing Center.
How do I enable WiFi on my desktop Windows 10?
To enable WiFi on your desktop Windows 10, you have to go through the following process.
- Firstly, you need to click the Windows button => Settings -> Network & Internet and then select Wi-Fi.
- Now, turn on the WiFI, and then you will see all the available listed networks => click Connect.