Have you ever thought about your phone’s age? You have, right? After buying a new phone, we all want to know when the phone was manufactured.
The method of checking the phone’s age can vary from brand to brand. But we came up with common methods. You can ask, how to check how old your phone is. Here we will give you the answer that will help you out.
Yes. You can. To check it out, you have to follow some methods. It is a necessary thing to check after buying a new phone.
Sometimes, the brand manufactured a phone model earlier than its release. You must be thinking, does it matter? Surprisingly, it does. It affects battery life, settings, and updates as well.
There are many reasons you should check the phone’s age. The Android phone brands showcase the documents of the launching date.
But there is a rare documentation of the manufacturer dates. You should check the phone’s age as soon as you get your phone.
If you bought an older phone model, it won’t run longer. Because it contains a weak battery life. The more you use your phone, the weaker the battery will be.
Remember one thing, older phones are not durable as new ones. Also it loses the resell value. You won’t get a good price range or importance while reselling older models. Because people don’t want to buy older models.
The most important thing about an Android phone is its security features. If you bought an old model phone, it won’t be as secure as the new models.
Do you know what? Old phone models can’t give the quick and stable performance as new phone models. That’s why you should check the phone’s age.
You can find out your phone’s age in many ways. Now we will tell you about the common methods you can follow.
Some Android phones include the manufacturer date along with the launching date. You will locate it in the phone box.
- On the rear side of your phone box, you will find a white sticker.
- It contains barcodes, dates, and IMEI numbers.
- To find the manufacture date, you need to check it carefully. We hope you will find it.
Some Android phones have the manufacturer date on the settings option. It is not applicable to all Android models.
- The first thing you have to do is go to the ‘settings’ tab.
- Open the ‘About Phone’ option.
- After that, you will find the model number, IMEI number, and manufacturer date.
It is easy to use third-party software to understand the age of your phone.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for ‘phone info’. You can see many applications.
- Choose the most reviewed one and click on it.
- After that, install the app and follow the process.
- You have to enter the IMEI number and phone model. It will work.
From the serial code, you can determine the manufacturer date. How is it possible? Let us explain. Check the last digit of the serial.
If the model has been manufactured in 2012, it will show ‘2’ in the serial code. With the 4th digit of the serial code represents the manufacturer week.
Well, you can find your phone’s age with a Google search. You have to go to the ‘Google’ search bar. Write down the serial code or phone model. It will show you the manufacturer date if available.
It is a tricky process of checking phone age. But it doesn’t work for all phones.
- Open the dialing tab. Dial *#197328640#* or *#*#197328640#*#*.
- Now go to the menu option.
- Click on the ‘version information’.
- However, tap on the ‘hardware versions’.
- Select ‘read manufacturing date’.
- In this way, you can know the phone’s age.
You can find it with your Google account.
- Open your Google account.
- Tap the ‘Google Account Dashboard’.
- You will find the Android card near the Google Service. The activation date will be there.
By now you have understood how to check how old your phone is. Following these methods will be safe and helpful for you.
We recommend not buying older models. Also, check the manufacturer date after buying the phone.
You may also have interested to know:
What is other in internal storage & how you can clear your android phone,
What is iothiddenmenu on android
Do your message blocking is active your Android phone
Can you unsend a text message on Android phone
How to change location on Android
How to clear cache and cookies on Android phone