Every time Apple drops a new iOS update, users rush to avail of it as soon as possible. But many times, the updated iOS doesn’t work correctly with the device. But don’t worry, you’re not the only person facing this bummer.
You might face this problem if the device hardware cannot run the upgraded iOS. This is where downgrading your iOS comes into play. So if you face a compatibility problem with your current iOS, you are in the perfect place because we will let you know how to downgrade to iOS 11.1 2.
Note that without following the right technique, you cannot downgrade to a previous version of Apple’s software once you have upgraded to the most recent version. So let’s try it out!
A Vivid Procedure on How to Downgrade to iOS 11.1 2: Applying Jailbreak Method
As we all know, Apple software prevents users from installing programs or other software that Apple’s app stores have not approved. In Apple’s iOS, a technology known as jailbreaking allows users to remove software restrictions.
Although jailbreaking circumvent operating system restrictions and allows you to install unlicensed programs on your iPhone, Apple will not be held liable for any security risks it may pose to your device and deems it a warranty breach.
- Back up your iOS device. This process will erase everything on your device throughout this process.
- Blob SHSH2 for the iOS version you want to downgrade.
- If you have more than one shsh2 file, you should pick one in a folder named “noapnonce.”
We’ll be using an iPhone 5s and talking about iOS 11.0.3 because it doesn’t have the lousy gyroscope bug that iOS 11.1.x has. Jailbreak your iOS device and have 10GB of free hard drive space to increase your chances. Not let’s start the process of how to downgrade to iOS 11. 1 2.
Things to Consider:
Assuming your iOS 11.1 2 compatible device upgrades to the latest version of iOS, we will explore how to take advantage of the jailbreaking function to access additional iPhone features rather than downgrade to iOS 11.1.2 in this article.
Even though many methods for jailbreaking an iPhone are accessible, some operating systems do not allow jailbreaking. If you are using a recent model of iPhone and running the most recent iOS version, your device will likely not enable jailbreaking.
In this case, you will need to utilize some tools or downgrade your software to a prior operating system.
Essential Steps to Follow:
- Connect your device to your computer and make sure that it shows up in iTunes on your computer.
- You can get the iOS 11.1.2 IPSW file for your mobile device from online sources.
- Now that we’ve navigated to the IPSW file, we’ll select the iOS 11.1.2 firmware and click download.
- After you’ve downloaded iOS 11.1.2 on your device, you can restore or update it. Once you hit restore, everything on your device will be wiped clean and set up anew.
- If you choose the “update” option, it will start updating your phone or tablet, and all your data and applications will remain intact.
Key Impacts of Restoring Your Device:
If you are downgrading your iOS by jailbreaking, it is best to restore your device entirely, so you have a new version of iOS 11 running on your phone. It is because you might be using this firmware for the time being and the jailbreaking process.
In iOS 11.2, this method won’t work. It will not work if you completely restore your phone to iOS 11.1.2 and then restore it from an iOS 11.2 backup. It’s because the backup made on iOS 11.2 is not the same as the one made on IOS 11.1.2.
So, if you want to keep your data that came from iOS 11.2 down to iOS 11.1.2, you’ll have to choose a different path for the restoration process. Another way we can do this is:
- Put your phone or iPad in recovery mode and then shut down, so you can get it back.
- Connect it to your computer, whether it’s a Mac or a PC.
- Whenever your iPhone or iPad reboots in recovery mode, iTunes will instantly launch in the computer’s default application.
- In PCs, hold down the Shift button. In Macs, hold down the Option button. Then click “restore.”
- Choose the file you previously downloaded. When you press restore, the process will begin. This process will install iOS once it is finished.
- Select the alt or shift button on the windows to achieve this. When you click the check for update button, a dialogue box will appear, allowing you to select the iOS 11.1.2 IPSW.
It will then downgrade to iOS 11.2 while keeping all your data instead of restoring everything. That’s how you downgrade from any other operating system to iOS 11.1.2 on your iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
1. How can I downgrade to iOS 11 if I don’t have a computer?
Using the iTunes app is one of the quickest and most convenient methods of downgrading your iOS version. With the iTunes application, you can install firmware files on your device’s download.
You can use this function to update your phone’s firmware to a previous version of the iOS operating system.
2. Is it possible to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13?
It would be best if you used a PC to downgrade from iOS14 to iOS13 because Apple authenticates any iOS firmware through the iTunes PC before you can install it.
3. How do you downgrade an unsigned iOS version?
If you get the unsigned iPhone Software file and install it on your device, you can downgrade to an iOS that Apple doesn’t sign. Even so, you need to be aware that the process of installing it isn’t as simple as the process of updating your system.
You may also have interested to know:
There are many guides on how to downgrade to iOS 11. 1 2, but there are also many risks in unofficially downgrading your iOS. You might have to reinstall iOS, meaning you won’t be able to jailbreak your phone.
You can only upgrade or downgrade unsigned iOS if you have the correct SHSH blobs for your target iOS version, and the signing window for public beta iOS is still open, no matter what signed iOS is out now.
But if you follow all the steps mentioned here, you can successfully downgrade your iOS.
Hello, I am Rakib Ahmed, a former army commando of UNICEF. I left My Job And start blogging. Blogging has become my passion nowadays. I love technology. In today’s life, I found several problems related to technology but can’t get good solutions at all. That’s Why Fixwill Journey Started. Stay Connected And Get Great Solution About Android,IOS,Windows Linux And Many more tech Solution.
Thank You dear!