Upgrading to your new android is always exciting. But the fun only lasts until you realize you have to transfer data from the old device. It is more dreadful if that device happened to be an iPhone.
Since you are here asking how to play mov files on android? we assume that’s the case with you too. MOV files are the iPhone’s extension for videos or other media files. Honestly speaking, it can be a little tough to transfer and use the files with a MOV extension on your android phone.
That’s why today, we will discuss the easiest ways to play a .MOV file on your android. We have shown two methods for you to try out, for which you can compare them and select the one best suitable for your device.
What is a .MOV File?
.MOV file is Apple’s signature media file format for Mac, iPhone, or iPad. You can also play a .MOV file using a windows media player. However, there is a problem when you try to play this file format on android. Most androids can’t support this Apple file format.
If you push the “play” button, it will show you an error message.
Now, you might wonder, “What is the difference between a .mov and an mp4.” Because at the end of the day, both of them playback media files.
The main difference you will feel is that the .mov file provides a higher resolution. As a result, it requires more space within the memory than an mp4 file. It is not as widespread as the mp4 which is the world standard for the video file format. No wonder, you face a lot of trouble trying to watch a MOV file on any device other than the iPhone.
How Do You Transfer a .MOV File into Android?
To play a .mov file into an android device, we first need to know the transferring process. So, follow this easy and quick tutorial to help yourself:
- Take both your iPhone and Android devices. We have to use a specific app for this purpose. Just search for “snapdrop.net.”
- You have to enter this website on both devices. The best thing about this app is that it eliminates all the complicated parts like uploading files to Google Drive and all that stuff.
- To transfer a media file to Android, you have to tap on the “device’ icon. It will take you to the photo library. From there, you can scroll and select the files you want to share. Make sure you put a tick on those .MOV files.
- Once you have finished, go ahead, and click on the “Add” button. It will start sending the file to your Android device automatically. Guess why? Because both the phones are within a very close range.
- You will notice a blue circle starts appearing as the process is progressing. Be sure to not tap on anything else during this. Otherwise, you might have to start over again.
- After the blue lining is fully drawn, you get the option for “download.” You see, this method didn’t require you to upload anything into the drive.
Besides, you can apply this method to transfer files from android to iPhone. That means it works for both ends. How easier do you want it to be?
How To Play Mov Files On Android? : 2 Effective Methods
In this section, we will take you through the two most popular methods for changing video formats. So let’s see what they are:
Using a Video Converter
Although there are specific media players available, we wouldn’t recommend going through that trouble. Simply, because it’s not worth using another media player to watch some videos, especially if the number of .mov videos is few on your device.
In that case, the most effective method is to convert those MOV files into an mp4 file format.
- First of all, we will enter the media.io website. You can just look it up on your search browser.
- The video converter we will use in this tutorial is Wondershare Online UniConverter. There are several other video converters out there. But, Wondershare provides a huge array of other features as well. For example, you can edit the video by converting it into an mp4 video format.
- Once you land on the website, click on “choose file.” Then, you can upload the file you won’t convert.
- Next up, select the desired format for that file. For this case, we will go with the ‘mp4″ option.
- Then, click on the “convert” button just below.
- Wait for a bit. After that, your mp4 will be ready for download.
Using VLC Media Player
Here, we will show you how you can use a VLC media player and watch a .MOV file without fully converting it into mp4 format. So, if you are ready, let’s get into it:
- First, open your VLC media player and choose “media.’
- Once a window pops up, select “convert/save.”
- Another interface will show up. You have to put the location of the .MOV file you want to convert.
- Just click on the “Add” button. Then, scroll through the folders and find the .MOV file. Finally, select it.
- Next up, choose the “convert” button. It will bring another window to you. Here, you can see all the information regarding that .mov file. Plus, there will be a little format choosing option. If you click on it, a long list of file formats will appear. From here, you have to locate the ‘mp4.’
- Then, in the destination section, you can specify the location where you want the new file to be saved. Make sure to name the file and add a .mp4 extension. It’s the most crucial step.
- Now, click on “save.” After you have specified the destination and the format, check on the “start” button. You will see that a new one has been created at that exact location with a .mp4 tail at the end.
- But, you can’t just open it right away. Give it some time to fully load.
So, this is pretty much everything about converting a .mov file into mp4.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q’s):
1. How Can I Convert MOV Files into MP4 For Free?
You can use any online video converted for this purpose. This method doesn’t require any Google sync or uploading files into the drive.
2. Why Can’t I Easily Play MOV Files Into Android?
.MOV is Apple’s signature file format for recording videos. Apple has permitted very few media players, including windows to play such files. Sadly, android is not on the list.
3. Can I Play MP4 Files into An iPhone?
Yes, there will be no problem with that. iPhone is capable of playing mp4 file formats with clear resolution and high quality.
4. Does an iPhone Record Video in MP4?
iPhone used to record videos in the standard mp4 format with its previous models. However, with the introduction of the iOS 11 series, it has changed its policy. Now, the preferred video file formatting for an iOS device is .MOV.
5. Should I Change .MOV File Format into MP4?
If there are only a few .mov files, it would be better to convert them into .mp4. In this way, you can move aside from the hassle of downloading and operating another media player altogether.
You may also have interested to know:
Do your message blocking is active your Android phone
Can you unsend a text message on Android phone
How to change location on Android
What’s the biggest trouble someone faces after switching from iOS to android? The answer would be to reshape all your data to comply with the android OS. And that’s the same thing for video files as well.
But that doesn’t mean we will let go of our favorite videos that carry our memories. Even if converting to MP4 takes some effort, it’s all worth it in the end!
So, that was our take on how to play mov files on android? Hope you found the methods pretty helpful.