Every novice knows how to turn off a phone. You just use the power button, right? Yeah, we agree, it is very easy. However, since you are already here, it is safe to assume that you are searching for this specific type of information because you are in a situation where you can not use the power button. It’s quite alright as we are here to show you exactly how to turn off phone without power button on Android. And in many different ways too.
The power button not working properly is not an uncommon of a problem as you might think. As a result, there are many suitable solutions available. So please read along and find out the most suitable solution to the problem?.
Since Android 10, the phones come with a power button in the navigation panel. It remains unused most of the time, but it can come in handy when your power button doesn’t work. To turn the phone off using the navigation panel:
· Swipe down the screen twice. You will see the power icon on top of the screen.
· Click the icon.
· Now you will see the same menu as when you press and hold the power button. Click “Power off” to turn off your phone.
Method 2: Using Accessibility Menu
Do you know the floating icon iPhone users use for ease of access? You can do the same on android as well. You can use that to turn off your phone as well! This icon is set off by default, so you have to turn it on. To do so:
· Go to “Settings”.
· Scroll down to “Accessibility”. Click on it.
· Tap “Interaction and Dexterity”.
· You will see an option called “Assistant Menu”. Toggle it on.
· You will see a floating icon on your screen’s bottom right hand. Tap it.
· You will see various options. There will be an option named “Power off menu”. If it’s not on the first page, slide to the next page, and you’ll see it. Click on it.
· You will see the same menu as when you press and hold the power button. Tap “Power off” to turn off your phone.
You can try using third-party apps if the above methods don’t work. Some useful apps are Assistive Touch for Android, Shutdown, Button Mapper, etc. These apps basically can create an android assistant for you. You can use the assistant to turn off your phone. You do not need to root your phone to do this. It’s simple and easy to use these apps.
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a utility for command prompt that you can use to gain access to your android device. To perform this task, you will need a computer. Before doing this, you need to enable USB debugging from developer settings. Developer settings are usually hidden by default. To enable developer settings:
· Go to “Settings”.
· Scroll down to “About Phone”. Tap it open.
· Go to “Software Information”.
· Tap on “Build Number” seven times. The developer mode should be enabled by now.
Now comes the time to enable USB debugging. To do so:
· Go back to “Settings” and scroll down to “Developer Options”. Tap it.
· Scroll down to “USB Debugging”. Toggle it on.
After that’s done, it’s time to get to the PC. What you have to do now is:
- First, you have to download the Android SDK Platform Tools. Go to https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools, and you can download it from there. Extract the file after downloading.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open the command prompt in the location where you kept the extracted file.
- In the terminal, type ADB devices, and press enter. It should show you a list that shows your phone is connected to the computer.
- Now, type ADB shell reboot -p and hit enter. Here, -p stands for power off. This command will tell your phone to shut down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is The Power Button Not Working?
The power button is one of the main buttons of the phone. It is a vital part of the phone. Usually, the power button can stop working, when it takes a big hit. It can also stop working if it falls from a considerable height. It may look alright from the outside but on the inside, the connection to the buttons can take a heavy hit.
Overuse or man-handling the phone may also result in an unresponsive power button. Then again if you are using your phone for a very long time it can become non-functional due to its old age. It can also be the result of the careless handling of your instruments. And as your phone is now not working as it is supposed to you can just take it to your local tech shop or customer care center and they should be able to easily fix it for you. You can still fix it at home following these methods.
How to Avoid Damaging The Power Button?
The power button is a crucial part of the phone. It can start to malfunction if the phone gets really old, but if taken necessary care, it is possible to prolong the lifespan of the button. You can get a professional to fix the button of your phone, but it might get expensive depending on which phone you use. So, it’s best to avoid damaging the button for as long as possible. Some of the ways to prevent damaging the power button are:
Keep the button clean:
Sometimes dirt can clog up the power button. Yes, the space around the power button is narrow. Large dirt particles can’t enter in there. But small dust particles and dirt mixed with water can easily pass through. Even if the phone is waterproof, all of them are not dust resistant. So, it’s best to keep the phone clean as much as possible.
Avoid external shock:
You should handle the phone with utmost care as well. If the phone gets hit somehow or it drops on the floor, the button can get damaged. Also, if the power button is pressed too hard, it can damage the button. It’s best to use a good quality phone case to protect the phone. The more you care, the longer it will last.
Avoid water and moisture:
Although phones these days are water-resistant, there’s a limit up to which a phone can withstand water. If going beyond that, it can damage the phone permanently. If water somehow enters through the button, it can cause a short circuit. Thus, the button will stop working. So, always be careful when the phone gets soaked and dry it out as soon as possible.
We all need phones for various purposes in our day-to-day life. It has become an essential part of our life. With the rising price of phones these days, we must take good care of our phones to make them last longer. If we end up damaging our phones quickly, it will be a big waste of our resources. We hope we have been able to give you the idea of how to keep your phone away from damage. We also tried to provide you with solutions to alternatives to using the power button. That’s all! Wish you find this article helpful.
you may also have interested to know:
can you unsend a text message on your android phone
what is other in storage android & how you can clear your android phone,
How to create apple id on android
How to install ios on android
Hello, I am Rakib Ahmed, a former army commando of UNICEF. I left My Job And start blogging. Blogging has become my passion nowadays. I love technology. In today’s life, I found several problems related to technology but can’t get good solutions at all. That’s Why Fixwill Journey Started. Stay Connected And Get Great Solution About Android,IOS,Windows Linux And Many more tech Solution.
Thank You dear!