Today we are passing a wireless revolutionary decade and the days of hooking up a cord to the PC and telephone line due to surf internet have passed. Although we try hard to set up the flawless wiring system, getting the fastest internet remains a dream; instead, we had to use the internet at a snail’s pace. Thankfully, wireless technology not only omits the wiring system but also make makes online surfing fast.
Over time the wireless feature becomes a popular way to connect with the internet. Today, most of the laptop manufacturer attaches the WI-Fi system as a built-in feature. If your laptop has the latest Windows 10 OS, you will find the enabled Wi-Fi adapter. Unfortunately, if the feature isn’t enabled or you accidentally disable it, you can enable it by following some simple steps. This article is discussed on “how to turn on wireless capability on windows 10”. Hopefully, you can get your answer easily after going through attentively.
Three different ways to turn on wireless capability windows 10
Method No. 1: Turning on Wi-Fi via Keyboard
Here we use the keyboard to turn on Wi-Fi on Windows 10, so let’s proceed.
At first, locate the Wi-Fi button on your keyboard. Typically, you can identify that button on the laptop by its wave picture coming off of a circle or line.
To turn on the Wi-Fi network, you need to press the Fn key, and that logo attached F key from the top of the keyboard.
Method No. 2: Turning on Wi-Fi via the Wi-Fi icon
Suppose you fail or can’t find that Wi-Fi button on your keyboard; this method will assist to turn on Wi-Fi feature easily. In this method, we will use the Wi-Fi icon to turn on Wi-Fi, so let’s see.
- First of all, give focus on your computer screen’s lower-left corner. You can find a logo like radio signal transmitting upwards on that toolbar, that’s called a Wi-Fi icon. If you can’t locate that sign on there, you need to click the upwards facing arrow. Sometimes, the Wi-Fi may be grouped with other icons, and you can see those after clicking on the upwards facing arrow.
- Once you find the Wi-Fi icon on the toolbar, click on that => a pop-up menu will appear and then click on the larger Wi-Fi box from there.
- After turning on the Wi-Fi network, you can see all the available Wi-Fi networks, so choose based on your preference by giving the password.
Method No. 03: Turning on Wi-Fi via the Start menu
Now, let’s see how to turn on the Wi-Fi via the start menu:
- First of all, you have to locate the Windows button and then write “Settings”. After appearing in the search result, click on the app.
- Now, click on “Network & Internet” and then click on the Wi-Fi option in the menu bar that lies on the left side of the Settings screen.
- Your next task is to toggle the Wi-Fi option to “On” to enable the Wi-Fi adapter.
- At the final step, you need to connect to your preferred Wi-Fi network, whose password you know.
The process of fixing WI-Fi issues in Windows 10: Wi-Fi is connected but no Internet
Sometimes, you can successfully connect to the Wi-Fi, but you can’t browse due to no internet. Here we enlist the process of solving this issue. For that, you need to try the native troubleshooting tool at first.
- First of all, go to the bottom left corner => click on the Windows button and go to Settings.
- Next, locate the ‘Update and Security’ then click on that => go to ‘Troubleshoot’.
- You need to click on ‘Internet Connections’ and then press ‘Run the troubleshooter’.
Alternatively, open the command prompt and then enter the following commands on the command prompt.
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh winsock reset
Issue No. 01: Windows 10 cannot find a Wi-Fi network.
When you can’t detect the Wi-Fi connection on your device, you need to check some points, i.e., the router’s range or is the router turned on. After examining those points, you can apply the following solutions to solve the issue.
Reboot the router
- First of all, turn off the Wi-Fi router and then unplug to detach it from the power source.
- Now, take a few minutes and then connect the Wi-Fi router again.
- After that, turn on the router and then connect the device.
Disable and enable the NIC
- Navigate the Run by pressing Windows + R => type ‘ncpa.cpl’ and then press enter.
- Now, locate the wireless adapter and right-click on it, then click on ‘Disable’.
- Again, locate the wireless adapter and right-click on it, then click on ‘Enable’.
- Finally, restart the PC and then connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Update your device’s network adapter driver
- Open the Run command by navigating Windows + R => type’ devmgmt.msc’ with pressing enter afterward.
- Now, locate the ‘Network Adapters’ => right-click on ‘Wi-Fi Controller’.
- Now, select ‘Update drivers’ and then click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- After installing the drivers, you have to reboot the system.
Windows 10 fail to connect to Wi-Fi
- Tap Windows and the X button simultaneously and then click on ‘Device Manager’.
- Next, locate the network adapter and right-click on then choose ‘Uninstall’.
- Now on, click on ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ => reboot the system and Windows will automatically reinstall the drivers.
Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration
- Take an ethernet cable and then connect the router.
- Now, type the IP address of the router in the browser.
- Now on, log in to your device’s portal and then change the network’s name and password.
The process to find a Wi-Fi password in Windows 10
Sometimes we can’t recall our Wi-Fi password, and if anything occurs like that, you can follow the following steps to get it.
- Go to the bottom right corner and click on the Network icon in the taskbar.
- Now, click on ‘Network and Internet settings’ and then click on ‘Change adapter options’.
- Next, locate the Wi-Fi connection and right-click on that => choose “Status” => click on ‘Wireless properties’ and then go to the ‘Security’ tab.
- Click on the checkbox next to show characters to get the Wi-Fi password.
How do I fix wireless capability is turned off?
Sometimes the error ‘Wireless capability is turned off’ has shown that power management turned off the wireless capability. Luckily, that turning off issue can be solved by changing this setting.
- Open Network Connections => right-click on the wireless connection and then choose Properties.
- Now, click Configure next to the wireless adapter and then click the Power Management tab.
- Next, uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and then click OK.
Why can’t I turn my Wi-Fi on Windows 10?
The corrupt network settings sometimes lead to the “Windows 10 Wi-Fi won’t turn on” issue. You can solve that issue by changing the Property of their Wi-Fi network adapter. Here are those steps.
- Press the Windows logo and R button simultaneously from the keyboard to open the Run box.
- Now, write devmgmt.msc then press Enter to access Device Manager.
- Expand the Network adapters entry => right-click on your Wi-Fi network adapter, and choose Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab and under Property, choose 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4, then change the value from auto to 20 MHz Only.
- Now, click OK, and hopefully, the Wi-Fi will work after that.
Why is the Wi-Fi on my laptop not working?
If your laptop won’t work properly, you can try the following steps to solve it.
- First, open the “Device manager” and locate the Wi-Fi card like, Atheros, Broadcom, Realtek, etc.
- Now, press the right mouse key on the Wi-Fi card and then click uninstall to uninstall the driver.
- Next, restart the laptop, and your Windows will reinstall the WLan driver.
- Hopefully, it will fix your issue, and if not, you need to open the laptop and then reconnect the WLAN card.
As the replacement of the wiring system, wireless is honestly a blessing for the user. WI-Fi is such a wireless technology that helps us to use the internet without using wire. Luckily, the latest OS, Windows 10, let the user use that wireless feature through its built-in WI-Fi feature. But sometimes, the user faces difficulty with the turn-on the device’s wireless capability. Whatever will be the reason, here we discuss “how to turn on wireless capability on windows 10”. Hopefully, you get our tone and won’t face such an issue further.