Are you struggling with the speaker of your Android phone? We all have been there once in a lifetime. Sometimes the speaker doesn’t work properly.
Without the speaker, you can hear sounds on your Android phone. You have to always use the headphones. It isn’t possible all the time. Right?
You are wondering Is Your Android Phone Speaker Not Working?. Today we came up with the idea of testing the speaker of Android.
There are many reasons your Android speaker isn’t working. Before you fix it, you have to find out the issues.
Sometimes the Android speaker stops working due to the software update problem. If you play a sound after an update, it might not respond for a few hours.
Another reason the speaker isn’t working can be the damaged speaker. Over the years, your speaker can damage by the specks of dirt. Or, if your phone drops into the water or the floor accidentally, it can damage the speaker.
It can be the reason for this problem. While playing sound on a loudspeaker, make sure your sound is not mute. If it is not working properly, check the sound settings of your phone.
You can try to test Android mobile speakers with the following steps.
- Go to the home screen.
- Open the phone option. Dial *#7353#.
- A list of various options will appear on the screen.
- Choose ‘Speaker’ from the list. That’s how you can test the speaker.
- If you want to work on the internal speaker, then choose ‘Melody’ from the list. Adjust the settings.
How to check mobile speakers with a multimeter?
If you have a multimeter, you can test your mobile speaker with it.
- First of all, set the speaker into the multimeter to read the resistance.
- Keep the multimeter leads into the speakers.
- You can notice the positive and negative leads on the multimeter.
- At this point, you have to count the ohms according to the speaker resistance rate.
- If it is working properly, then your speaker is okay.
- But if there is no resistance or high resistance, your speaker is ad.
- This resistance status occurs due to impedance problems or broken connections.
- It should be in between 16 ohms.
After knowing the problem, you can fix the speaker.
First of all, you can restart your device to fix the sound issues. Open the home screen. Long press the power button. You can see the restart and power options. Choose the ‘restart’ tab. Your phone will restart. We hope your speaker will start working.
Take a microfiber wipe to clean the speaker. You can also use a brush to clean it up. There are some speaker cleaning apps in the Google Play Store. Besides, you can download an app to clean the speakers.
At last, you get the answer to Is Your Android Phone Speaker Not Working?. You can follow the steps if you want to test the speaker.
If your speaker isn’t working for water drops, then take your phone to the service center. Otherwise, you can’t fix it up. Remember one thing, don’t use any water cleaner to clean the speakers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I know if the speaker on my phone is blown?
To find out if it is blown or not, you can follow the steps of testing the speaker. In that case, choose ‘Speaker’ to test your speaker.
Where are the speaker settings on Android?
Go to the settings. You will find the ‘sound’ tab. Click into it. There is an option for speakers. Tap into ‘speaker’. Now you can set up the sound as you want.
You may also have interested to know:
What is other in internal storage & how you can clear your android phone,
What is iothiddenmenu on android
Do your message blocking is active your Android phone
Can you unsend a text message on Android phone