Cache and cookies, both are two very well heard terms if you are an Android user. In a nutshell, you may know that cache is the temporary data that your device collects every time you open a site or app so that afterwards that particular program loads faster.
On the other hand, cookies save usernames and passwords for easy and quick access to any site or program. Whereas Android devices gather cached data for everything, you can hardly find cookies in your Android device except for browsers.
However, knowing how do I clear my cache and cookies on my android phone are important because excessive cache and cookies can get you into troubles like lagging, slow loading, and putting your personal information at risk of being stolen.
Even though clearing your Android device cache and cookies might not bring you much benefit, clearing Android browser cookies and caches can save you back from a lot of troubles. So today, our discussion will be over the solutions on clearing the cache and cookies on your android, and we will explain further information like the aftermaths of erasing those as well. So let’s get right into it!
How Do I Clear My Cache And Cookies On My Android Phone?
Cache data are kind of useless as they are of no use besides accessing the websites faster than earlier. Moreover, they can sometimes decrease the app’s speed if they are a lot in number. On the other hand, clearing cookies can save you from malicious sites. So, here’s what you have to do to clear the cache data and cookies in web browsers on your Android phone:
- Step-1: The first thing you need to do in this regard is to open the Chrome app on your android phone.
- Step-2: After opening, look for the three dots on the top right of the screen, in the right corner.
- Step-3: Click the history option in there to clear the browsing history of your browser, then you will find three options.
- Step-4: Checkmark the second and the third option. The second one will clear your cookies and the third one will clear cached data.
- Step-5: At last, you have to click on clear data to clear all the cache data and cookies of chrome on your Android phone.
Although the instructions for clearing cache data and cookies on chrome and other browsers are quite the same, due to the difference in their web design, the cache cleaning system can be different in some ways.
For example, chrome has more complications to clean the cache data compared to the other browsers. To clear the cache data on Firefox, here’s what you can follow:
- Step-1: Click on the three dots situated at the right bottom.
- Step-2: Click on the “settings” option.
- Step-3: Scroll down to the “delete browsing data” option.
- Step-4: Checkmark both the “Cached images and files” and “Cookies” section.
- Step-5: Now click on “delete browsing data” and voila! Your work is done!
How To Clear Cache Data On The Android Phone?
Except for website cache and cookies, your Android applications can store some cache data as well. So here’s what you should follow to clear the storage cache data on your Android device:
- First of all, go to the settings on your device.
- Look for the storage option in the settings menu and click on that to open the storage settings.
- In there, go to the device’s internal storage settings.
- After finding the internal storage settings, tap on the clear cache option to clear the cache data on your device. Allow your device to clear the cache data by clicking “okay” when it wants permission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is It Okay To Clear Cache Data?
Yes, it is unquestionably okay to clear cache data as they are not so important to your device. Cache data is something that we need to access into a new website in the browser. This data is considered as some formal information about our device to access into the new website which will be created again after being deleted when you try to access another new website.
Cache data does not take much space in the internal storage, neither deleting it creates extra storage in your device. Cache data is called junk files as they are of no use. This is why it is alright if you clear your cache data.
If I Clear Cache Data, Will The Other Data Also Get Erased?
No, clearing cache does not mean that your device’s other data will also get erased. Clearing cache data will simply erase the junk information that is created when you browse into a new website from your device. It has no connection with the device’s internal information.
In the case of your application cache data, if you clear those, the app might take a little longer time to open. Otherwise, you won’t face any other problems.
Is Clearing Cache Data And Internal Data Different?
Clearing cache data and clearing internal data bear two completely different explanations. It is because clearing the cache data will just simply clear the junk files created while entering into a new website that has no connection with the internal storage.
On the other hand, clearing the device’s data is completely reliant on internal storage. For example, if you clear an app’s data from the internal storage, every single piece of data of that app will get erased and the app will be serving as a newly installed one. This is why clearing cache and clearing internal data is completely different from one another.
Is It A Good Idea To Remove All Cookies?
Yes, clearing site cookies after a few whiles won’t harm anything. On top of that, you can be safe from hazardous sites that you have accessed previously as clearing the cookies will log you out of those. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of clearing all the cookies after a few days, you can block all third-party cookies from your browser.
By now, you probably got the answer to your question about how do I clear my cache and cookies on my Android phone. We have explained the ways for both chrome and firefox browsers, also we have shared the ways of getting rid of the Android device cache data.
Clearing cache and cookies are required after a few whiles because that can protect your browser from lagging and junk files. Also, in some cases, clearing the cookies can keep your data safe from malicious websites.
But in the case of Android device application cache data, clearing that won’t make such a big difference. Yet, if you are a perfectionist, you can follow our given way to clear those too. Hopefully, now you can let your mind rest!