If you want to use the internet with your android tablet, you will need a USB modem. It will require a 3G or 4G sim card for a connection. a USB modem is one of the effective methods for using an internet connection in an android device.
You will need it when you can’t work with WIFI connections. After that, you have to connect the USB modem to your android tablet. Have a look at how to connect a USB modem to an android tablet.
What is a USB modem?
A USB modem is a device that helps to connect the internet to different devices like an android phone, tablet, and PC. You should have a USB modem to connect internet where you can’t find a WIFI zone.
Why do you need to Connect a USB Modem to Android Tablet?
Most of the tablets have a built-in modem feature. Some of them don’t provide it. Suppose your tablet has the capacity of the WIFI connection. But it can’t connect to the mobile data. What can you do?
To use your tablet internet, you will need a USB modem. With a good quality USB modem, you can connect to the internet anywhere you want. Isn’t it great? Of course, it is. Right? Here you will get an idea of how to connect a USB modem to android tablets.
What will require to connect a USB modem to an android tablet?
You will need some basic things. Before connecting the USB modem, gather this equipment.
- An android tablet
- A USB Modem with 3G/4G sim card
- Host/ OTG cable
If your Android tablet doesn’t come up with a USB connector, the host cable will help you out. Also, you can try it with your tablet charger. Make sure the 3G/4G sim card has an active connection. You have to root your tablet before connecting it to the USB modem.
How to connect a USB modem to android tablets: Step by Step Guide
If you don’t know how to use a USB modem with an android tablet, you can follow these steps to connect the USB modem to the android tablet.
- In the beginning, you need to set up your modem. Insert the 3G/4G sim card into the USB modem.
- Go into the Google play store. After that, you have to install the PPP widget application.
- You have to connect the USB Modem to the USB port of the OTG cable. And insert the input port into the charging point of your tablet.
- The PPP widget application will detect the modem. Wait for a while. Thus, you have to start flashing. After recognizing the modem, it will prepare your tablet for connection.
- Hereafter, you have to start configuring your sim card settings. You need to set up the APN network, username, and password. Also, configure the dialog string. Thus you can ask for it from your web service provider.
- You will notice your USB modem is connecting with the android tablet. If it isn’t connected, disable the mobile system when you are connecting. Try again with the process. It will be connected. Lastly, you can check the internet connection.
After all, you know how to connect a USB modem to the android tablet. You have to follow all the steps to use a USB modem with your android device. It will be the same for all android devices.
You can choose any active USB modem for connecting with your android tablet. Make sure you are selecting a good-quality USB modem for this. After connecting to an android tablet, you have to keep updating the PPP widget whenever needed.
You may also have interested to know:
What is iothiddenmenu on android
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I connect a USB stick to my Samsung tablet?
You have to follow some steps to connect a USB stick to your Samsung tablet. If you connect a USB stick for transferring digital files, you have to insert a memory card into it. After that, you have to go to the settings option.
Choose USB tethering. It will show transferring files and charging option. You have to select transfer files. Finally, you can transfer files from your tablet to the memory card through the USB stick.
2. Can I connect a USB stick to my tablet?
Yes, you can connect a USB stick to your tablet using an OTG or host cable. It is easy to connect the USB stitch
3. What to do if the PPP widget is not detecting the USB modem?
If the PPP widget can’t detect your modem, you can disconnect it. Wait for a while and connect it again. Check the configuration parameter. You have to set up all the settings. Then try again. It will detect your USB modem.
4. Should I have to root my tablet before connecting the USB modem?
Yes. You must root your tablet before connecting the USB modem. Because without rooting your tablet, the USB modem won’t work correctly. Also, the PPP widget will stop working. The rooting process is pretty simple. It will take 5 to 10 minutes to root your tablet.
5. Can I use multiple sim cards on a USB modem?
If your USB modem has a multiple sim cards capacity, then you can use it. Otherwise, you can’t insert more than one sim card into a USB modem.
6. How do I find the dialog string?
It depends on your tablet settings. You can choose the default dialog string or talk to the sim provider services.