You may need a fresh start to your Windows installation and probably are looking for a way out. For you, a bootable disk could be a lifesaver. The bootable disk comprises particular files to start up or boot up your computer to help start a program. To boot your windows first, you have to know how to make a bootable cd for windows 10, and then you can easily follow the process.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can make a bootable CD for windows 10 step by step—all you need to go through the article and apply yourself.
What are Bootable DVDs and CDs?
There are so plenty of reasons why you need to boot your computer using CDs or DVDs. With minimal working using an experienced computer or Laptop user knows, to install a clean copy of Windows, you must boot your computer from a Windows setup CD or DVD. The bootable CD comes in the form of several recovery plans and utilities, such as Easy Recovery Essentials for Windows, Wondershare Recoverit, Stellar, etc. This software is not only a repairing tool; they have more capabilities than that. All of them come with their own operating system and run with the same in Windows.
How to make a bootable CD for Windows 10:
1. Using Microsoft’s Windows Media Creation Tool:
This method is the simplest and most effective. This utility installs Windows 10 automatically and transfers the files to the USB drive by rendering it a bootable disk. You can also use this tool only to retrieve an ISO file by following the given steps,
Step 1: First you have to download windows media creation software from this link:
Step 2: When you completed the download, for installation choose ‘Create installation media for another PC‘.
Step 3: Then you have to pick your Edition / Language and Architecture as per your specification. For more info, go through the link:
Step 4: Pick a USB flash drive or an ISO disk for a DVD file.
Step 5: After the completion of this manner your disk is ready to use. You need an 8 GB pen drive, at least. Be sure that there is no essential data on the disk since it is going to format the disk during the bootable disk development process.
2. Using DVD Download Tool/ Windows USB:
This is quite old but still an operating process to make bootable media for your Windows installation. You might get confused with the name but works perfectly for Windows 10 too. But this procedure needs a Windows 10 ISO image. That’s why you first need to download the ISO file of Windows 10.
1. This system comprises a blank USB stick (Min: 8GB). Format the USB drive efficiently first.
2. Download DVD Download Tool / Windows USB & Install it on your computer.
3. After you finish the installation process, run it.
4. It needs a Windows ISO image format and then simply select the ISO image and begin the process. You can download the Windows 10 ISO file to use the media creation tool as defined in Step 1.
5. Finally, your bootable DVD / USB installer disk will be available for use once the process is done.
3. Create Bootable Windows 10 disk using third party software
Microsoft tools are trusted and will work for sure that’s why third-party software doesn’t always require it. But still, if you face any issues or problems in running Microsoft too, you should consider this process.
Using a particular software named Rufus you can easily build a bootable flash drive without any trouble. While using Rufus to render a bootable Windows 10 flash drive, here are the necessary guidelines you should follow:
Step 1: At the beginning, you have to download Rufus software and open the file named Rufus.exe
Step 2: By the time you see the software running on the screen, you have to plug your USB flash drive.
Step 3: Then look for the option that says ‘Create a bootable USB drive‘
Step 4: After that, select an ISO image from the menu that appears.
Step 5: Now, you have to hit the button Next to this menu, and press the Windows 10 ISO that you’d like to install on the computer.
Step 6: Next, click on Start and the bootable USB flash drive will start generating the software.
Step 7: After you have created the USB flash drive, insert it in the drive and you are ready to install or reinstall Windows 10.
4. Make Bootable USB Disk Using Command Prompt manually
If you are an advanced user, then this pro tip is for you. There are times users only have access to a command prompt only and unable to use any of the processes described so far. In this situation, you can build a bootable pen drive, then use this process if you have an ISO file. As this approach is a little complicated, follow the given guidelines carefully to proceed:
- First, insert your USB drive and search for Command Prompt.
- Then, run this as administrator and use the Command prompt to open the disk control utility.
- To do this, type in the CMD ‘diskpart‘ and press Enter.
- Now you have to type the list disk, then press Enter. After that, you will see the number of attached disks available.
- After that to select your USB drive from the list. To do this, type Select disc # and hit Enter (Remove # with the disk number in the list)
- The next task is to make the USB drive clean. For this reason, Type Clean and click Enter.
- Now, you just have to type Create Partition Primary and hit Enter to create a bootable partition.
- Following on, you have to choose the partition you created and type on Select Partition 1, then type Active, and press Enter.
- Formerly, format your USB drive by typing fs=fat32 format. Tap on ‘Enter’ afterward.
- Assign your USB drive to a letter, and you can type Assign.
- Finally, copy and paste all the Windows 10 files onto the USB drive.
Hopefully, by now, you know how to make a bootable cd for windows 10. Try by yourself and solve your PC’s problem. We’ll appreciate it if you share your experience while making a bootable CD for windows 10 disk in the comment box. We’ll get back to your queries.
You may also have interested to know:
1. Why do we need to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive?
CDs and DVDs have become obsolete, and USB drives are easily available. Moreover, the ease of use, more capacity, portability, and faster copying speed make the USB drive more usable. Besides, to create a flash drive, you need more than 4GB capacity, and storing data 6 to 12GB space is ideal. Therefore, USB drives have more space to do this task perfectly.
2. How to download windows 10 ISO image?
By following the below steps, you can easily download windows 10 ISO image.
Step 1: Firstly, you have to download windows media creation software by navigating the following link:
Step 2: After completing the download, now for installation choose ‘Create installation media for another PC‘.
Step 3: After that, you have to select your Edition / Language and Architecture as per your specification.
Step 4: Now on, pick a USB flash drive or an ISO disk for a DVD file.
Step 5: After the completion of this manner your disk is ready to use. Now you need an 8 GB pen drive, at least. Make sure that there is no essential data on the disk since it is going to format the disk during the bootable disk development process.