Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) is the handiest of the ways to express emotion, instruction, or impressions via social media or other internet platforms. And the reason is its animatic looks. It shows diverse frames back-to-back and appears like a short animation clip.
You might have seen various kinds of GIFs on the internet. In addition, almost every browser has pre-install software that supports playing and seen GIFs. Thus, viewing a GIF file via browser is quite simple.
But what if you want to send GIFs to your friends? How can you share GIFs as messages? How to download GIFs from GIPHY? Well, we have the answers for you. To get the answer read through our article carefully.
What is a GIF?
To the straightforward, GIF is an image format just like JPEG, PNG, etc. GIFs are famous worldwide because of one spatial feature, and that is animation. But one thing that you should know is that it is not video; it is just an “aminated image.”
It just plays multiple images sequentially at once and looks like a short video clip. CompuServe first introduced this innovative image format on 15 June 1987. And within two years of publication, it became a culture on the internet all over the world. With the flow of time, it became more trendy.
It’s true that GIF is a very outdated image format, and it can hold only 256 colors and supports only 8 bits per pixel. But still, it has in popularity. Before the arrival of HTML5, it was easier to post on websites.
And the reason is HTML standard doesn’t support Videos. However, GIFs are now an innate part of the internet and online platforms.
Where are GIFs not available? Look around yourself. You can get GIFs everywhere. Once upon a time when GIFs were available on some specific websites like Tumblr, Reddit.
But what now? Google has made it easier to get GIFs. Just go to www.google.com and search for animated images.
Animated GIFs are one of the incredible inventions that make your timeline youthful and more entertaining. Moreover, you can get GIFs from GIPHY’s official Android app if you are an android user.
Mostly, you can’t save GIFs easily to your device, but you can share GIFs on other apps like Facebook and WhatsApp. Thus, we will show you how to download GIFs to your device.
This part of our article will guide you to download a GIF file from GIPHY to your local device. GIPHY is the most popular website that contains GIFs of various genres. Before, we had to suffer a lot to download a GIF to a local device. The dedicated GIPHY app has arrived as a solution to this problem.
Now you can easily save a GIF to your device using your android phone. The GIPHY android app allows users to download GIFs to their devices easily.
But the point is that most users can’t find the download/save option on this app. So, to download GIFs on your android, follow the steps below:
- Download the GIPHY app from the google play store
- After the app is installed, open it and touch on any GIF that you want to save
- Tap on the three dots option, and you will see the download icon there
- Now tap on the download option
After tapping on it, you will see a notification from GIPHY that “GIF is saved.”
Alternatively, you can download GIFs via a web browser on your android phone. To do this, follow the instructions below:-
- Open the web browser.
- Search for GIF that you want to download
- Pick a GIF and tap on it
- Long press on the GIF and tap on the “Save Image.”
- Then Set the download location and tap on download.
If you are an iPhone user, then you might have faced difficulties during saving GIFs. Well, in this part of this article, we will show how you can download GIFs from your iOS device. There are two methods to download Gifs on iOS devices. There are:
Method 1: Using the GIPHY app for iOS
- Go to the “App Store” and search for GIPHY
- Once you find the app, tap on the install button
- The app will be installed soon
- After installation is done, open the app
- Now tap on a GIF that you want to download.
- Then a menu will be opened.
- From the menu, tap on the three dots and choose the download option
- Your GIF has been downloaded
- Find the GIF file that you want to download
- Open your phone browser and go to google
- Now search for the GIF file that you want to download
- Once you find the GIF that you want to download, tap on it.
- Tap on the GIF and hold it until you get a menu
- From the menu, tap on the “Save Image” option
After the image is saved, if you want to see the photo, then just open the “Photos” app on your phone if you’re going to see the picture. You can view the GIF in the “All Photos” tab.
How to download GIFs from GIPHY on Mac or Windows?
You can download GIFs using your Mac or window pc very easily. You just have to open a browser that supports .GIF files. Almost every browser support GIF files like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or other browsers also. So let’s see how can you download GIFs from GIPHY on your PC.
- First, you have to open a browser—for example, Chrome.
- Type www.giphy.com on the address bar and hit enter
- Now choose a GIF to download and right-click on it.
- Choose the “save image as” option from there and choose the download location.
- Click on save
1.How Do I download a GIF from GIPHY?
GIPHY is the most popular and largest online database of GIFs. You find GIFs according to their category from this website which is user-friendly. To download the GIFs from the official website, follow the instructions below:
- Open your browser and go to the giphy.com
- Browse tap on the category that you want to see
- After finding your GIFs, click on it
- Right-click on the image and click on the “Save image as” option
- Rename the file if you want and click on the Save button
2.How do I create an Animated Picture?
You can create animated pictures or GIFs using Gif maker tools. There are a lot of tools available based on the different operating systems. Such as the Windows OS, Adobe Photoshop is the best to create animated photos.
Here are some Gif maker tools below. Check these out.
- Gif Brewery for iOS)
3.How can I make GIFs online?
You can find a lot of Gif maker tools that are amazingly simple, and most of them are free. Just type “GIFMaker” on the google search bar and hit enter. And choose which tool you want to use.
you may also have interested to know:
what is others in phone storage & how you can clear your android phone,
Thank you so much for reading the article above. We hope that will help you to download GIFs from giphy to your device. If you failed to save GIFs then you must have made some mistakes. Thus, we recommend you to further read the article carefully.