Voicemails can get deleted accidentally or intentionally. But there are always ways to get those back. Are you worried because your important voicemails got deleted from your android device? Well, you are not alone to face this nightmare and this won’t feel like a nightmare anymore.
Because we have found ways on how to get old voicemails back on Android. We will show retrieving ways using the voicemail app and third-party software. You can choose any of the ways that you find convenient for you.
So don’t waste another minute and dive into the easiest ways of getting your old voicemails back on your Android device. Alongside, we will share further relevant topics like ways of permanently storing the voicemails in your android, voicemail backup ways, and many more. Let’s get risen!
How To Get Old Voicemails Back On Android?
Sometimes your voicemails may get deleted because of some issues. Voicemail contains a lot of memories. Along with memories, you might need to retrieve some of the old voicemails for legal purposes as well.
So here we have gathered two different methods. We will use the voicemail app for one of the ways and third-party software for the other. Keep on reading and choose whichever seems to be the best for you.
Technique-1: Voicemail App Can Be The Savior
The easiest way of getting your old voicemails back is your voicemail app. What you have to follow are:
- Step-1: Open the Voicemail app of your android device. You can find the app on your android phone’s dial pad. If you can’t find it there, just touch and hold the number 1 for a few seconds and it will automatically take you to the voicemails option.
- Step-2: Now go to the deleted mails options and look for the voicemail you want to get back.
- Step-3: Click on your requisite mail and select the undelete option. And you will be all done with getting your old important voicemails back!
If this way works for you then there is no need to try other methods or tools. This is the easiest one that you can proceed with. But if you don’t find any deleted voicemails on the Voicemail App then you may have to use other tools to find a way of getting back your old voicemails. And that’s where our second technique will save you.
Technique-2: Using Third-Party Software Can Bring It All Back
If you don’t seem to find any way of getting your old voicemails back via your main Voicemail App then you are left with no other option than using third-party software. The best option at that phase would be an Android Data Recovery software.
You can’t use this software on your phone directly. So you must involve a computer in this whole process, otherwise, you won’t be able to download it.
Android Data Recovery is the most recommended software which can get your voicemails back easily. Alongside, you won’t have to worry about safety as it is a verified site. There are plenty of available Android Data Recovery software, you can choose any one of those as you like.
All you have to do is just download any one of those and follow our given steps. In order to use the software to get your old voicemails back you have to follow the actions mentioned below:
- Step-1: First download and launch the software on your computer. Most android data recovery software is free. Two of the most popular software are EaseUS and Free Android Data Recovery. These are safe and easy to use for your voicemail recovery. Particularly we liked the outcome and usage of EaseUS. Both of these software have their websites to download the software.
- Step-2: Open the software and select the data recovery option. You may find different options for recovery. If you particularly want only the voicemails to be recovered, select that option.
- Step-3: Now establish a connection between your android device and computer with a USB cable. Once your device is connected you will get to choose the types of data. The software will read all of the data itself. You just have to choose the type of data you want to recover.
- Step- 4: to move forward, click on the next option and let the app scan your phone. Now you will see two options named “Scan deleted data” and “Scan all data”. Although scanning all data will take a longer time, it will scan all the data perfectly. You can select one according to your choice. This step will take a few moments to be done.
If you are using EaseUS software, you will find the destination selection option at this phase where you want your data to restore. Pick any folder you like to restore the voicemail.
- Step- 5: Once the scanning is done, you can check the deleted data one by one and get your important voicemails back by clicking on the “Recover” option. You will find your voicemails saved on your computer in your selected destination folder after doing all these.
Otherwise, you can also go with your default software clicking the completion notification. And your work is done! Leave a sigh of relief.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are voicemails stored on Android?
This answer comes depending on your phone’s setting. The voicemails might be in the internal storage or the SD card according to your settings. You can also store those into any of the cloud apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, and so on. No matter where you store it will be seen as a small audio file at those places. But it’s better if you use apps like Google Drive because it becomes easier to restore in times of need.
Can I back up to get my voicemails back?
You can do so only if you are using cloud apps for storing your voicemails. If everything is synced with the app beforehand, you can go to the app and use the app’s cloud backup system to get your voicemails back. You can also use third-party softwares for backing up your voicemails on android as we discussed above.
How do I permanently save a voicemail?
Open your phone’s default Voicemail App. Then tap and hold the message you want to save. Afterwards, select the save, export, or archive option. The next thing you will find is your voicemail is saved permanently as the default audio app.
How long are voicemails saved?
Once the voicemail is created, it will remain on your phone for 30 days at least. You can also go on the settings and minimize or maximize the duration. But if you save any voicemail by going to the Voicemail App then that won’t be deleted until you delete that manually.
Can I get my voicemails back from the sim card?
No, nothing is stored on the sim card. So you can’t depend on the sim card to get your voicemail back. The only influence of a sim card on voicemails is if you change the sim card the voicemails will be erased. One thing you can do is to contact the service provider for retrieving any specific voicemail in extreme incidents or emergencies.
You may Also interested to know:
message blocking is active on your android phone? how you can unblock it
As we talked above, voicemails sometimes can carry a lot of memories or you might need to get those back because of emergency purposes. No matter what your need is, certainly, both our suggestions on how to get old voicemails back on Android have been beneficial for you.
We have explained everything easily so that you can follow the steps all by yourself. Our personal favorite is the first method, which is the easiest one but sometimes depending on your device, you might need to switch to the harder option to get that precious voicemail back.
If you don’t want to face the same problem again, try syncing the voicemails in backup apps like Google Drive or Cloud. Or you can also save the important voicemails in a specific folder to avoid such problems from reappearing.