While using your android, you may get many types of notifications. Among these, some are spam, some are gibberish, and a few of them are helpful. One of the most common notifications that you get is about downloading the English language on android. It is also regarded as online speech recognition data. How do I stop downloading English update on Android phone?
To stop downloading English Update on an android phone, open google settings and tap on the three horizontal lines on the search bar. Go to the settings from the appeared menu to select the voice option from the search and now. Press the office speech recognition. Switch off (disable) the auto-update option for voice languages. The go-to the auto-update option select do-not auto-update.
You can be disturbed by this notification and think about how to stop it. Now let’s get right into the detailed solution!
What is Online Speech Recognition Data in android phones?
Online speech recognition data is a component of the speech recognition system. Google introduced this system for all android users. It helps the users of android phones to use the speech recognition system even when the phone is offline.
The main advantage of this system is that it provides the android user with the opportunity to use speech recognition even when the phone is not connected to the internet. The system is faster to download without an internet connection than any other system connected to the internet.
How To Stop Downloading English us update On An Android Phone?
Downloading English or any other language notifications is part of the online speech recognition system. As this runs offline, getting bothered by its unnecessary activities can hamper your day-to-day work.
To keep the regular flow of your android phone, you need to stop it. To do that, you need to follow the steps :
- Press and hold the home button of the device.
- Swipe the pressed button up to the Google icon. This method will enable your android to open google settings.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on the search bar. The lines can be compared with hamburgers.
- Go to the settings from the appeared menu.
- Select the voice option from the search and now.
- Press the office speech recognition.
- Switch off (disable) the auto-update option for voice languages.
- Go to the installed tab, where the downloaded languages can be found.
- Go to the auto-update option select do-not auto-update.
The changes will occur automatically on your android after that. This is pretty much all you can do.
Hopefully, the android will no longer push or notify you about any type of language update, including English. Of course, updates will occur with your permission from now on.
How To Remove Downloading English US Update Notifications?
To remove downloading English (US) notifications, first, you need to go to your device’s Settings. Then, go through the following steps:
- Go to Google>Search. Now you have entered the Google Assistant settings.
- After that, tap the Voice option. You can find it on Google Search.
- Press Offline Speech Recognition, and now you can clearly see the installed applications in the Installed tab.
- If you notice a pending downloading, download the app, click on auto-update>Do not auto-update languages.
- If you still get notifications about English downloading, go to Installed Apps>Settings>Downloads app>Clear Data. Press OK to confirm.
Thus, you can remove all the notifications related to downloading English (US). However, all pending downloads must be downloaded before. Or else, they will be eradicated as well.
How Can I Downloading English us update On Android?
Now some of you may be concerned about downloading the language with your permission rather than completely stopping the process,
In this case, all you have to do are mentioned below:
- First, open your Google now application from the apps drawer of your phone.
- Press the horizontal lines icon.
- Go to the settings.
- Now, go to the search bar and then open the option named Voice.
- Open Offline speech recognition.
- Finally, you can find the English update available option.
- Now press the download button.
That’s the easiest way you can download languages for the online speech recognition data.
How To Use Google Automatically Added Language Properly?
Google services play an unavoidable role in our day-to-day life. Among the services that Google provides, added language is one of the most used ones.
This unique service from Google automatically adds the language you use the most by default. If you want to add an extra language, you need to do the following:
- Tap on the Settings button of your android phone.
- Now go to the languages & input.
- Press on the languages option among the options available.
- Select save to confirm that you added another language for you.
If you want to remove a language (which is added by Google), you need to press the Delete option or press the remove button.
If you want Google to stop adding languages altogether, you need to turn off the option called automatically add languages.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the drawbacks of downloading English on my android phone?
Downloading random and unnecessary apps can cause many problems. Some of those contain malware or bloatware.
This may slow down your device and cause problem functioning. It can also hinder the everyday working flow of your android. The same goes for downloading English or other languages unnecessarily.
How to turn off the auto-update option on android when your battery is running low?
Turning off the auto-update option on android is the easiest thing to do so far.
First, go to the Play Store. Then tap “Settings”( three dots). Now click on “Auto-update apps.” Finally, press “don’t auto-update app.” That’s all!
You may also have interested to know:
How Accurate is GPS on Android?
How do I remove Auto Boost Completed virus?
What is an Android system webview?
Online language recognition data can be downloaded for more efficient voice recognition. But it takes the regular workflow and downloading speed of android near too unbearable. So, disabling the feature might sometimes be the best way to go.
But how do I stop downloading English on an Android phone? You can now overcome this problem quickly! To summarize, it is effortless to stop downloading English automatically on android. All you need to do is simply turn off the notifications and disable the feature appropriately.