What happens or how you react when you are stuck in the middle of your important task on the laptop due to the hard drive or OS problem? Definitely, it uplifts our temper and may result in vandalizing the device. Don’t need to worry, if you encounter such a problem with your hard drive or operating system, resetting your laptop can solve the problem. But many of us don’t pay attention to the data that gets lost when wiping your laptop. Undoubtedly, after losing data we have nothing but getting upset and regretting it.
This is why you have to be careful before wiping and should know the right ways of restoring your computer. In this article, we will dive deep into how to wipe a dell laptop windows 10. You’ll know all about wiping your laptop and how you can recover your valuable data if you lose them. So, let’s jump directly to the central theme.
How to factory reset Dell laptop?
Before we dive into how to reset the Dell laptops factory, we have to take some precautions to run the process smoothly. The following things you should be doing before resetting your Dell laptops.
1. To avoid missing the files, start by backing up all the necessary files and data on your computer. It is essential to remember that a factory reset will trigger that data loss, and a backup will at least reduce the amount of data you lose.
2. It is better to disconnect all the hardware from your computer. It entails anything you don’t need to turn on your laptop, for example, printer, soundbox, USB flash, modem, internet connection cable, tab or phone, etc.
3. If your laptop is docked, removing it from the docking station is indeed a smart move.
4. Switch it off before beginning the process if the Laptop is on.
Once you complete all this process, you are good to go. Now follow the given steps to reset the password of your Dell laptop,
Step 1. Firstly, start by turning on your Laptop
Step 2. Then, click “F8” on your keyboard as soon as your computer begins to enter the Advanced Boot Options Menu. Remember, you have to click “F8” as the screen turns on, and Windows Logo appears, not before or after. If you forget to press the key and press it after the Windows logo appears, you’ll not see the Advanced Boot Option. Then, you have to restart the laptop again and follow the same.
Step 3: Using the down arrows on your computer in the “Advanced Boot Options” menu and choose “Repair your Computer” and then click “Enter.“
Step 4: Then, you need to select your desired language and press “Next” to proceed.
Step 5: Next, you have to Sign in to your administrative account computer and then press “OK” further.
Step 6: On the next interface, press “Dell Factory Image Restore” and then click on “Next.”
Step 7: To check the box, tap on “Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.“
Step 8: Finally, select ‘Next‘ and wait until the process is over.
Once you completed all the processes as mentioned above, click on Finish and restart your Laptop. To get your files back on the system, you can then restore the backup to the disk.
How to recover lost data from Dell Laptop Factory Reset:
Although you are taking all the precautions before resetting the factory settings in your Dell laptop, there is still some possibility that you might lose all your data. For instance, a data recovery program is needed to search the laptop’s hard drive for the lost data and retrieve it quickly. One of the most useful tools for doing this task is Recoverit Data Recovery. It comes with one of the company’s best data recovery speeds, helping users to recover data on the computer quickly irrespective of the cause of data loss.
Some of the characteristics of Recoverit Data Recovery:
- It saves files that have been lost or deleted, including images, audio, music, texts, and many more.
- It facilitates retrieving data from all storage devices, including flash drives, hard disks, memory cards, and many others.
- It is effortless to use so that you can retrieve data from the disk in just a few minutes.
Here’s how you can restore data from the hard drive of your computers using Recoverit Data Recovery:
Step 1: Select the Drive Location
Firstly, you need to download Recoverit and install it on your computer. Then run it like standard software. In the window, you have to choose the drive which contains lost data. But in this case, it is the hard drive. Select Hard drive and click on Start
Step 2: Drive scanning.
Recoverit would then launch a full advanced search of all the missing or deleted data on it with the chosen hard drive. Depending on the size of the files on that drive, this scanning process can take some time. But when you see the missing files, you can manually Pause or Stop the scanning.
Step 3: Data Preview and Recover:
When the scanning is done, you can stop and preview all the files. Click “Recover” to recover a file until you are confident that you are restoring the file you want.
How to reset factory without password in a Dell laptop:
You can also factory reset in a Dell laptop Windows 10 without using your password by following the given process:
Step 1: At the beginning, press on the ‘Power’ button on the login window, and holding ‘Shift,’ click on ‘Restart.’
Step 2: Then, you have to click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option when the computer gets restarted.
Step 3: After that, you have to click on ‘Reset your PC‘ and proceed on by clicking on ‘Next.’
Step 4: Following on click on ‘Remove my files‘
Step 5: Lastly, select ‘Reset’ and complete the process.
Already you know how to wipe a dell laptop windows 10. Several reasons are resetting your Dell laptop can be useful. The above information will help you reset your Dell laptop efficiently, swiftly, and with minimum problems.
Let us know if you found this process and article useful and have any questions regarding the Dell laptop or Windows 10 in the comment section. We’ll love to entertain your thoughts and feedback.
How do I do a factory reset on a laptop?
The process of factory reset is straightforward- all you need to just go through the following steps.
- Firstly, click on the Setting option and then go to Update & Security.
- In the Update & Security, you will find Recovery, and under that, the “Reset this PC” title will be visible to you.
- Then you have to click on the Get Started. Meanwhile, you can choose either Keep My Files or Remove Everything.
How do I wipe Windows 10 and start over?
Here are the steps that will lead you to wipe Windows 10 and start over.
- Firstly, navigate Settings and then tap on the Start Menu.
- After that, to open the Settings window, you have to choose the gear icon, which lies in the lower left.
- Now, select the option named Recovery => Click that Recovery tab, and then you have to choose the Get Started option from the Reset this PC section.
- You will find the option to keep and delete all data by choosing either Save or Remove Files options. Finally, choose the Reset Your Computer option.
How do I permanently delete everything off my laptop?
Naturally, whatever we store on our computer becomes valueless after a certain period; therefore, we need to wipe them out permanently. Here is the process of how to delete everything off your laptop.
- Firstly, navigate the Recycle Bin and Right-click on that.
- Now, select the Properties option and then the drive whose data you want to delete permanently.
- Next, mark the option that says “Don’t move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.”
- Finally, you have to click on Apply and then OK to complete the steps.